Last updated: 24th May 2018
All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of GDPR.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The data protection representative is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to OSD Digital Agency Limited collecting/processing their personal data.
- All Staff of OSD Digital Agency Limited who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
- The controller of the processing is OSD Digital Agency Limited, a private limited company registered in the Republic of Ireland at 31 Stephen Street, Sligo, Ireland, F91 YRW6.
- The only other processors are
- Dediserve which provides hosting services for our website,
- Microsoft Office 365 which provides our e-mail services,
- Mailchimp that provides our e-mail newsletter service
- Google Analytics and HotJar which provides website traffic statistics and analysis.
- Tawk.to which provides a chat box on website for customer enquiries.
This website also uses behavioural marketing services called remarketing / retargeting from Facebook and Google Ads to create custom audiences to serve you relevant advertising based on your interactions on this website from their advertising platforms. Further details below.
Microsoft Office 365: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/privacystatement
Google Analytics: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
Website Chat Box
Tawk.to : https://www.tawk.to/privacy-policy/
You can opt-out of personalised ads on the Google Display Network by visiting the Google Ads settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
1. Privacy notice
Who are we?
OSD Digital Agency Limited is a private limited company registered in the Republic of Ireland.
Our data protection representatives can be contacted directly here: firstname.lastname@example.org
The personal data we would like to collect from you depending on your enquiry is:
|Personal data type:||Source:|
|e-mail address||Data subject (you) via encrypted online form|
|Curriculum Vitae||Data subject (you) via e-mail|
|IP Address||Data subject (you) via your web browser|
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- contacting you in relation to your general enquiry
- contacting you in relation to your employment application
- Analysis of visitor traffic to and usage of our website
- Marketing or commercial purposes when you explicitly sign up to receive this material.
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- explicit consent expressed when completing and sending the enquiry form
- explicit consent indicated when signing up for marketing communications
- Legitimate interest for employment applications
- Legitimate interest for website traffic analysis
The special categories of personal data concerned are:
No special categories of personal data is expressly collected unless submitted as part of a curriculum vitae.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for OSD Digital Agency Limited to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting the Data Protection representative at OSD Digital Agency Limited (listed above).
OSD Digital Agency Limited will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfil your order (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements). We will disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
- Retention period
OSD Digital Agency Limited will process personal data for the length of time it takes to process your query to a maximum of 1 (one) year.
- Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or are processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that OSD Digital Agency Limited refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
- You can send any request regarding your rights by emailing email@example.com
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.3 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by OSD Digital Agency Limited (or third parties as described above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and OSD Digital Agency Limited ’s data protection representatives.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Supervisory authority contact details
|Supervisory authority contact details||OSD Digital Agency GDPR Representative|
|Contact Name:||Data Protection Commissioner||OSD Digital Agency Limited.|
|Address:||Canal House, |
|31 Stephen Street, Sligo, Ireland, F91 YRW6|
|Telephone:||+353 57 868 4800||+353 71 9170024|
- Privacy statement
Read more about how and why we use your data here:
Online privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, OSD Digital Agency Limited, will collect and use your personal data for dealing with your general enquiry or career application.
Why does OSD Digital Agency Limited need to collect and store personal data?
We collect and store personal data in order to respond to your general enquiry or process your solicited or unsolicited application for employment or when you sign-up to receive marketing communications. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will OSD Digital Agency Limited share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to OSD Digital Agency Limited in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only for the purposes specified by us. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with OSD Digital Agency Limited’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will OSD Digital Agency Limited use the personal data it collects about me?
OSD Digital Agency Limited will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. OSD Digital Agency Limited is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Does OSD Digital Agency store my information outside of the EU/EEA?
Yes, our email newsletter provider, Mailchimp, stores personal information on their servers located in the United States of America and is covered by the TRUSTe’s Privacy Shield, thereby guaranteeing compliance with European data protection laws.
This personal information consists of your name and e-mail.
Our web analytics provider, Google Analytics, stores IP addresses including the IP address you used to access this site on servers in the United States of America.
Under what circumstances will OSD Digital Agency Limited contact me?
We will contact you in relation to your general enquiry or your career enquiry/application. We will send you marketing communications when you explicitly consent to receive these communications.
How do you use Mailchimp for Email Marketing and can I opt-out?
Registering for our Email Newsletter involves a so-called double opt-in process. This means you will receive an email after registration requesting you to confirm your registration. This confirmation is necessary so as to prevent people from registering with another person’s email address. Newsletter registrations are logged so that evidence of the registration process can be produced pursuant to the statutory requirements. This includes logging of the times of registration and confirmation and of the IP address. Changes in your data recorded by the dispatch service provider are likewise logged.
You can opt-out from our Email Newsletter link by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of any newsletter or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with “Unsubscribe me from the email newsletter” in the subject line.
How do you use Google Analytics on this site and can I opt-out?
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help OSD Digital Agency analyse how users use the site.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States of America.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
You may opt-out of tracking by Google Analytics by installing this browser extension: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
How do you use Hotjar on this site and how do I opt out?
Hotjar is a service that analyses the online behaviour of website users. They do this by combining both analysis tools and feedback tools. Hotjar gives OSD Digital Agency Limited insights of user behaviour on the website on how to improve the end user’s experience and performance of our website.
The sole purpose of passively collecting Your information is to improve Your experience when using this website.
Hotjar may collect and process information which is automatically and passively collected, whilst You navigate through and interact with the content on our website, together with information on Your device or computer (such as cookies).
Through the Hotjar code embedded on this website, the information collected and processed includes:
The following information may be collected related to Your device and browser:
- device’s IP address (captured and stored in an anonymised format);
- device screen resolution;
- device type (unique device identifiers), operating system, and browser type;
- geographic location (country only);
- preferred language used to display the Hotjar Enabled Site.
- Mouse events (movements, location and clicks)
For a sampling of visitors, Hotjar servers automatically record information which is collected from Customer Websites and Our Site. This data includes:
- referring URL and domain;
- pages visited;
- geographic location (country only);
- preferred language used to display the webpage;
- date and time when website pages were accessed.
You may opt-out of tracking by HotJar by visiting this link: https://www.hotjar.com/opt-out
How do you use Tawk.to chat box on this site and how do I opt out?
We use a chat box on this website provided by www.tawk.to for customer service enquiries. This service allows you to chat with our customer service team anonymously. The service does not store any personal data and IP address data tracking is disabled in order for us to offer this customer service tool in a manner that respects your privacy and is compliant under GDPR data protection legislation.
Does OSD Digital Agency use behavioural marketing services and how do I opt out?
OSD Digital Agency Limited may from time to time use Google Ads Pixel Remarketing and Facebook Pixel Re-Targeting. To do this we place a piece of tracking code (pixel) from Facebook and Google advertising platforms on our website. The collected data remains anonymous and OSD Digital Agency cannot see the personal data of any individual user.
This tracking code monitors user behaviour on our website, which allows us to use the Google Ads and Facebook advertising platforms to send targeted personalised ads to website visitors on the Google and Facebook network of advertising partner websites after they leave our site.
Google Ads Remarking
Google Ads remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of presonalised ads from Google and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Facebook retargeting service is provided by Facebook Inc.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ the Digital Advertising Alliance in USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, or the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ , or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
How We Secure, Store And Retain Your Data.
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilisation of encryption where appropriate.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes.
These might include retention periods: mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations; for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal data, you can contact us at email@example.com
Can I find out the personal data that OSD Digital Agency holds about me?
You may also contact us by either of the following means:
- By Mail: OSD Digital Agency, 31 Stephen Street, Sligo, Ireland, F91 YRW6
- By Phone: +353 71 9170024
OSD Digital Agency Limited at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If OSD Digital Agency Limited does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Who Targets Me? Limited or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
OSD Digital Agency Limited accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: passport, national ID, driving licence, birth certificate.
Yes, this website uses both Cookies and Tracking Pixels.
A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a very small text file stored on your hard drive. It is generated by a web page server when you visit a website.
The information the cookie contains is set by the server and it can be used by that server whenever the user visits the website. Further information on cookies can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/ipg/basics/legal/cookies/index_en.htm
What is the purpose of a Cookie?
A cookie is used to make the browsing experience more efficient and enjoyable by saving your personal preferences for your return visit – for example, the language version of a website. Without cookies, it would be very difficult for a website to allow a visitor to fill up a shopping cart or to remember the user’s preferences or registration details for a future visit.
Most Web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies, but you can change the settings on your browser to reject all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is sent or to accept all cookies. Your browser’s privacy settings screens will tell you how to do this
OSD Digital Agency uses third-party cookies from
Google Analytics cookie.
Visitors can use this website with only minor loss of functionality if cookies are disabled from the web browser. If you would like to prevent OSD Digital Agency from using cookies when you visit our site, please update the privacy setting in your chosen web browser.
Read more about cookies and find out how to manage or disable them at www.aboutcookies.org
You can access information on privacy and setting the control cookie acceptance settings for web browsers (and Google Analytics) using the following links:
Google Chrome: https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/privacy/
Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout