The LEO Online Trading Vouchers are still available but you must act fast!
The LEO Online Trading Voucher scheme has been a great success to date and in July 2015 An Taoiseach Enda Kenny presented the 1000th voucher. To mark the occasion Minster of Communications Alex White published a report on the impact of the Scheme. It revealed that small businesses that move online have experienced a 21% average increase in sales. 85% saw an increase in customer inquiries.
The objective of the scheme is to help small businesses grow their sales, exports and ultimately jobs. Businesses are permitted to apply for one voucher each, up to a value of €2,500 (50% matched funding).
There are some limitations but LEO vouchers can be used for a whole range of digital services that OSD can provide your business including:
- Development or upgrade of an E-commerce website
- Implementation of online payments or booking systems
- Purchase of Online Advertising (Google Adwords / Facebook Advertising) and campaign management
- Setup Email Marketing for your business
- Implementing a Digital Marketing Strategy, i.e. Social Media Marketing
- Consultation with ICT experts for early stage adopters of online strategy
- Training/skills development specifically to establish and manage an online trading activity
Small businesses throughout Ireland can still apply through their Local Enterprise Office (LEO) for digital vouchers to help their businesses trade online and the scheme is currently available nationwide.
However part of the application process requires that you MUST attend a half day workshop hosted by your local LEO office to learn more about the vouchers and some LEOs have announced final dates of their last information seminars for 2015.You are obligated to attend this training before applying for the voucher. After the seminar the application form will be circulated to all participants.
According to our latest research as of this month (August 2015)many LEO’s are hosting their next workshops in September, however for some LEO’s (Carlow) this will be the final workshop of 2015 – hence the need to take action now.
So, what’s the next step?
Organise to get yourself or a representative from your business to attend one of the information sessions at your LEO. Check links and contact information here for details of the next workshop with your local LEO.
We can help get you started.
We have mentored many businesses through their application so we are familiar with the process, if you have any questions please contact us directly firstname.lastname@example.org or call 071 9170024 and one of our team will advise you further.
- Check if your business is eligible for the funding, please read the eligibility terms here.
- Contact your local LEO office for details on next information workshop and *book online. We have compiled a list for our clients of all LEO offices in Ireland and researched next seminar dates and contact details(where we could find them)Find your local enterprise office here
- Download and complete the application form for the Trading Online Voucher Scheme. The form requires you to complete 7 pages, it’s quite straightforward but its worth reviewing so you understand what information is required.
*Many LEO websites allow you to Book Online to attend the workshop, however some do not have this function so it’s best to contact your LEO office directly.